Getting Ready For School
- Begin early: Talk with your child about going to school.
- Stay positive: It's normal for families to feel some anxiety but try to stay positive when you talk with your child.
- Take a tour: Most schools are happy to have a child come for a short visit. Take a virtual tour of Lenawee schools, courtesy of OneLenawee.org.
- Check the dates: Find out when Kindergarten Registration will be in your school district.
Take a look at the Easing Into Kindergarten: Build Your Child's Skill Set Before Kindergarten brochure, courtesy of Alexander Elementary, Adrian Public Schools
2019 KINDERGARTEN ROUND-UP DATES
All parents are to bring their child’s: Certified birth certificate (raised seal), record of immunizations, and Proof of residency (a bill/invoice indicating you live at your residence). Students need to be 5 on September 1st. Call your school if you have questions about this date, it could vary.
Thursday, April 18
Program Begins at 5:00 p.m. Addison Community School Auditorium
Contact: Kathee Santiago
April 16 • Alexander Elementary - 6:00 p.m.
April 17 • Lincoln Elementary - 6:00 p.m.
April 15 • Michener Elementary - 6:00 p.m.
April 18 • Prairie Elementary - 6:00 p.m.
Contact: Angie Schaffer 517-264-6640
Tuesday March 12
8:30-10:30 & 5-6:30
Blissfield Elementary School
Contact: office 517-486-2811
Friday, March 22
8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
4:00 - 6:00 p.m.
Contact: Karen Scholl
517-451-4581 Ext. 109
Saturday, March 16
8:30 - 10:00 a.m.
Elementary School Gymnasium
200 E. Franklin St.
Contact: Karen Wood
April 24: 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
April 25: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Lincoln Elementary School
746 N. Maple Grove, Hudson, MI
Contact: Angela Combs 517-448-8912 Ext. 224
Wednesday, April 17
6:00 - 7:30 p.m.
Madison Elementary Gymnasium
Contact: Abby Miller
April 17 • Noon - 7:00 p.m.
April 18 • 9 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Contact: Tracy Schell
Parent Meeting March 18th 7- 9am or 4-6 pm
May 30th 8 am – Noon
Contact: Marsha Davis
Parent Meeting 6:00 p.m. @ Elementary School
Contact: Jodie Gilbert
9 a.m. - 12 p.m. at Tecumseh North Early Learning Center
600 Adrian St., Tecumseh, MI 49286
Registration Packets will be available to pick up at Tecumseh North and South starting February 22
Registering For School
Children must be 5 years old before September 1st to start school that fall. Register in your local district and bring the following information:
- Certified Birth certificate (must have official stamp on it)
- Up-to-date immunization record
- Proof of residency - utility bill, copy of lease agreement or mortgage documents (driver's license is not accepted)
Vision and Hearing Screenings
Michigan law requires children have a vision and hearing screening before starting Kindergarten. Many of the Kindergarten Registration programs will provide these. You can also make arrangements directly with the Health Dept. at 517.264.5226.
Essential Kindergarten Skills